I'm too tired to write, so you'll have to be satisfied with pictures. I'll try to include captions. We all really appreciated the fellowship we experienced on Sunday as we worshiped with our brothers and sisters at Katungu.
All the seats in the Izusu were full, so David and Oscar rode in the back.

Before church, we toured the newly built duplex for the new headmaster and another teacher. The builder graciously posed for me.
Shepherd, and Grandpa "builder" are answering Mary Beth's questions.
These girls are carrying water using the most common method. I was delighted to learn that a bore hole has been dug for Katungu, so they no longer have to get their water from the river.

We decided that we could use some of our project money to help finish the windows in the two block building that was built by Care International. It serves the pre-school, first, second and third grades. The money will go toward window panes, completing the interior parging, painting and decorating the classrooms. Thank you to all who gave, so we could deliver this valuable gift.

David taught the morning Bible Class about the importance of not letting anything get between oneself and God.

After morning services, we each greeted everyone, and later, Mary Beth handed out sweets to the children. The women sang the entire time. It was a fantastic experience.

Sherry made a new friend, Charit, (pronounced Charlotte . . . or as close to that as possible for people who confuse the /r/ and /l/ sounds.
The sermon on Sunday emphasized that only Jesus can satisfy. Amen!
Thanks for reading. God bless you!
I LOVE, LOVE L_O_V_E the pictures, Marti! Would like to see some of you, by the way! Blessings to you, my sister! Even the Lord rested--you can, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Devona. I prefer being behind the camera, but I'll try to post one of me next time. :-)
ReplyDeleteAmazing. Keep up the God work!
ReplyDelete~Daniel