
Being at Siamabele had that same small town feel that being in Alabama has for me. I felt at home and welcome. The people all knew each other and really made me feel like I belonged. I would love to find a way to infect American churches with the enthusiasm that these Christians had for gathering together. I'd been telling Martha for days that I really didn't want to talk to the Ladies. She kept encouraging me, but finally on Friday night, she recognized how worried I was, so she said that if I really didn't want to speak that she would do it. All Friday evening and Saturday morning, I just kept praying. Every time Martha would say that I didn't have to speak, I would get more courage, and I would tell myself, "No, you can do this." On Saturday, just before I had to speak, I started to feel sick; I got really hot, and Martha thought I might have a fever. Mary Beth gave me some Tylenol, and Martha offered one more time to give the lesson, but I decided I would do it. At the beginning, I just kept praying that I wouldn't throw up, but once I got started, I started to feel better. The interpreter was a wonderful, lively woman named Royce, who seemed to know just how to communicate the message God gave me to share with the ladies. The other really faith-building thing that happened at Siamabele -- I ate village nshima right out of the community pot, with my hand! I just did what Ruhtt said and decided to trust God. I didn't get sick or anything . . . although Mary Beth said that I might still get worms a month from now.
That's it for now. --- Sherry
Dear Sherry, I am very proud of you! Laila and I miss you. Can't wait for you to get back. Love you! God Speed and safe travel to you all!!
ReplyDeleteLove JB III :-)
Good night Sherry...sleep tight..don't let bed bug bite!! Smooches!!
ReplyDeleteJB III
Oh...by the way honey...the yard is taken care of and Mom's hooptieee has been detail as well!! and Laila has won her first two games... Taken care of business...Lol!!! Hollar at you tomorrow...Be Blessed! Smooches!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!!
JB III
Say Love, I hope you are having a good day or night. I just got off of work and I'm going to go lift. After I post this to you, love you lots.
ReplyDeleteP.S. drink plenty of liquids! ;-)
jb3!
Hi! ;-) Thinking of you...smoooches.
ReplyDeleteJB III