We spent the morning visiting the different orphan care facilities in the area. Seven Fountains Orphan Care is sponsored by Zambia Mission Fund-Canada, and it is the home of Rod and Sue Calder, their three children and any number of orphans up to age 2. Some of you will remember Baby Treenia who arrived when I was here last year. She is now almost a year old, and she is a chunk! I’ve never seen such a fat baby in my whole life. Treenia is a bit delayed developmentally, but she may catch up because of the care and attention she receives. I feel so blessed to have seen how well this child is doing because people are joining God in His work. We also visited Eric’s House, which is run by Roy and Kathi Merrit, and the Haven 1, 2 and 3. Kathi gave us a tour, and she also gave us the numbers of children, but I stopped adding after 70. It is really hard to digest the reality that so many children are orphaned or abandoned by family circumstances, yet the environment of cleanliness and care these children receive in these orphan care facilities is truly a work of God. Who knows what God has in store for these children as they grow up?!
In the late afternoon, we returned to Mutala for our second Bible Study session with the community and the teachers. The crowd was small due to a funeral in the area. David and Sherry partnered to teach the adults while Mary Beth and I worked with the children. What a thrill to hear the children quote scripture and answer questions about who God is and how He blesses us!
Thanks for your comments and your prayers. We feel so blessed to be the ambassadors God has chosen to be here at this time. I would love to be able to post more pictures, but the internet is very slow here, and often unreliable. I will keep trying. --- Martha
Oh, I am so looking forward to seeing pictures of Treenia...God is sooo good! Blessings~
ReplyDeleteDevona