David - Siamabele-5June2010
Greetings in Christ! I am writing just because Martha told me to...haha. No, I'm kidding. I just wanted to quickly share with you some of my thoughts on how the trip has been so far.
Meeting people like Oscar, Ruhtt and Sheperd and each teacher and leader at the various villages has been a true blessing. They are all great people who have great servant hearts for the Lord.
Specifically yesterday at Siamabele, we experienced true village life. The people were very interesting and far from any influence people closer to Kalomo. We taught lessons for their marriage seminar, and it was amazing to me how different their culture really is. Polygamy and women's rights in the church were very hot topics for the men that I spoke to. It was fun and challenging to do a Q and A session with the men after the lesson. The questions were absolutely amazing; things I had never even considered to be problems. With God's help I hope I at least planted a seed of change for them.
So I don't take too much of your time, I will sign off for now. Keep following this site and keep praying for our safety and health. We have been blessed greatly so far. Thank you!
Until next time,
David
No comments:
Post a Comment