Victoria Falls was hidden by the mist, but this is what it would have looked like had we been able to see it.

It is truly an amazing sight and even what we did see filled us with the wonder of God's power. You can read more about this beautiful place at the website below:
http://whc.unesco.org/uploads/activities/documents/activity-575-15.pdf.
One of the things I learned that I had always wondered is that animals do get swept over the falls. Our guide reported that 4 hippos and 3 crocodiles met their doom during the previous rainy season. He also told the story of how he witnessed a man be swept over the falls when the man was jumping across an expanse during a guided walk across to Livingstone Island.
As we were exiting the falls, God gave us an extra blessing. Earlier, I had noticed a Zambian man who was wearing two very expensive SLR cameras around his neck. He was waiting for us where we turned in our raincoats, and he wanted to sell us a DVD of Victoria Falls. He gave me his best sales pitch, and I thought it would be a nice gift for my companions who had never seen, and might never see the falls as I have. So, I made the purchase, and we continued our conversation. I can't remember what I said to prompt his comment, but he volunteered that he attends the Palm Grove Church of Christ nearby. We talked about people we know in common and about an upcoming meeting for area churches. I wrote my email address in his book, and I hope to stay in contact with this young man who is using his talents to support himself and his wife, (also named Sherry).
Our day ended with showers sans spider, another wonderful meal at Maramba River Lodge, and a phone call from Shepherd to arrange transport to Namwianga.
We are rested, renewed and ready to go to work. ---- Martha
It’s encouraging to read of God’s blessings on your group and His watching over you as you travel to your destination, building memories and developing favor with God and man. May He continue to bless you: bless your hands as you deliver and trade, bless your feet where your walk is tireless, bless your eyes as you witness His wonder, bless your speech as you witness in His name, and bless your hearts as you render service doing all in the name of the Lord Jesus. Col 3:17
ReplyDelete