Wednesday, December 8, 2010

News from Mutala















On Sunday, November 28, 2010, I received an email from Ruhtt Mbumwae that reported a terrible and tragic assult on the church at Mutala. In that email she told of police and tear gas and people being beaten and church members scattering to the bush. I could not believe it. I pictured the church building transform from a shell to complete as David, Sherry, Mary Bethand I participated in that village in May and June.

I saw the faces of the people with whom we worshiped the first Sunday we were in Zambia.


And I saw the faces those people who came back late in the evening on our last day at Mutala to dedicate the building and accept the banner.


How could police storm into a church during communion and terrorize these people with no regard for women, children, babies or elderly!





I could almost hear the sound of singing turn to the sound of screams as people ran from the building to escape the tear gas and the beating.

1 comment:

  1. Southside will be have a prayer chain this weekend for the Zambian church. Please post comments of encouragement for the church as we pray. Lord, we pray that you will protect these people who are our fellow servants devoted to serving you so they can continue to serve you and tell the good news of forgiveness of sins through Jesus and his sacrifice and his resurrection which gives us hope and life. Through your Holy glorious name we pray, Amen.

    ReplyDelete